Addo Recovery | 199 North 290 West Suite #150 | Lindon, UT 84042 | Ph: (855) 229-2336 | www.addorecovery.com
This workshop is open to All Licensed Professionals with a capacity of 30 participants
earning 15 IITAP CE's. For more information on CE providers please see the CE information available at the bottom of this page.
Utilizing the Karpman Triangle to Break Unhealthy Patterns in Individual and Couples Counseling
Facilitated By: Dr. Kevin Skinner
In all of our relationships we establish patterns of interaction. It is these patterns that ultimately determine how our relationships turn out. Using as a foundation Dr. Stephen Karpman’s “A Game Free Life,” this training will introduce participants to the drama and compassion triangle. Participants will first learn about the triangles and then they be given opportunities to practice using the triangles with each other. The Drama Triangle will highlight the games people play. The Compassion Triangle will help illustrate how to intentionally stop playing the game.
1. Develop strategies to utilize the Karpman (Drama) Triangle in your work with individuals.
2. Analyze when the Karpman Triangle exercise is most beneficial in when working with couples.
3. Implement the use of the Karpman Triangle exercise to alter unhealthy patterns.
4. Practice using the Karpman Triangle so you can use it with your clients.
5. Describe the two ways the Karpman Triangle can be used to help individuals identify how their past is influenced in their current relationships.
$895 Early Bird Rate /
$950 Late Registration Starting March 29, 2019
Friday, April 12th, 2019 - Saturday, April 13th, 2019 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
8:30 am - 10:00 am Workshop /
10:00 am - 10:15 am Break /
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch /
3:00 pm - 3:15 pm Break /
3:15 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop.
Lunch provided each day.
TownePlace Suites Marriott Orem Provo
873 North 1200 West Orem, UT 84057
Please call (801) 225-4477 and mention “IITAP Room Block” to Receive the Group Room Block Rate.
Click Here to Book your group rate for IITAP
Block Dates: Tuesday, April 11th – Sunday, April 13th, 2019
Rate: $130.00 + Taxes
Book by Thursday, March 21st, 2019 to received this rate
199 North 290 West Suite #150
Lindon, UT 84042
Ph: (855) 229-2336
DISTANCE FROM AIRPORT TO/FROM HOTEL: Salt Lake International Airport (Airport Code: SLC) 42 Miles / 40 Minute Drive Depending on Traffic
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO HOTEL / TRAINING FACILITY: Transportation to/from the group hotel to Addo Recovery where the training will be provided to those staying at the group hotel.
DISTANCE FROM HOTEL TO/FROM TRAINING FACILITY: The distance is 3 Miles / 6 Minute Drive from the TownePlace Suites Marriott Orem Provo to Addo Recovery Campus.
ADDITIONAL TRANSPORTATION DETAILS : Transfers from the Salt Lake City International Airport to the TownePlace Suites Marriott Orem Provo are the responsibility of the candidates. No Transfers will be provided from/to the airport to/from the hotel.
IITAP is a Approved Continuing Education provider (ACEP) for the:
- National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors - NAADAC #92253
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists - CAMFT #135430
- New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0224.
- New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists.#MFT-0031.
- New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors.#MHC-0060
- IITAP has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6251. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. IITAP is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, a written cancellation notice must be received by IITAP no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the scheduled event will be refunded less a $300 cancellation fee. No refund will be given as of the first day of the scheduled event. Allow 6 weeks for refund.