“Facing Heartbreak- Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts”
Discovering your loved one has sexually compulsive behavior is a devastating event for the partner. In this four day, didactic and experiential intensive training, clinicians will learn how to best treat and support partners suffering from betrayal trauma. Participants will learn how to conduct a thorough assessment of betrayal trauma including the use of cutting edge assessment tools for betrayal trauma and complex trauma. Participants will also learn how to create an effective treatment plan that includes group therapy tools and resources, as well as support for the couple relationship. This training includes extensive education on the formal disclosure process and how to best support traumatized partners through this process. Ethical pitfalls that commonly arise when treating this population will also be evaluated and addressed.
Click image to read bio
PCS - Psychological Counseling Services
7530 E. Angus Drive Scottsdale | Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | (480) 946-5739 | www.pcsearle.com
PLEASE NOTE: If you have never submitted an IITAP training application, it is required before you can register for module 1. To submit a training application, please click here and scroll down to the IITAP Training Application link.
Masters of Divinity, Mental Health Professionals, Certified Addiction Counselors
- Licensed through a state board (or equivalent) as a social worker, therapist, doctor, psychiatrist, or counseling clergy
- Earned a Master's Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field
- Have a minimum of five years clinical experience
10 hours of supervision will be required to obtain the CPTT certification.(A list of CPPT Supervisors will be complied by the beginning of Mod 1.)
5 hours of supervision must be completed after Mod 1 while the remaining 5 (10 total) must be completed within 6 months of completing Mod. 2.
Current CSATS attending will NOT be required to take additional supervision.
Module 1 Introductory
20 IITAP CE Hours
This will qualify for ITIAP CEs as well as the CEs that IITAP is accredited to give. Current CSATs must go through both modules (in order) to become a CPTT (they cannot get their 15 IITAP CEs to renew their CSAT certification by attending 1 of these modules)
8:30 am – 5:00 pm Wednesday thru Saturday (Lunch included)
8:30 am-10:00 am Class/ 10:00 am-10:15 am Break
12:00 pm-12:30 pm Lunch/ 12:30 pm-3:00 pm Class
3:00 pm-3:15 pm Break/ 3:15 pm-5:00 pm Class
Lunch provided Wednesday - Saturday
New Candidate Fee
$1200.00 USD* - Early Bird Registration Fees End on June 25th, 2019
$1300.00 USD* - Standard Registration Fees Start on June 26th, 2019
CSAT or PSAP Pricing (2019 Series Only)
$950.00 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on June 25th, 2019
$1000.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on June 26th, 2019
APSATs Pricing (2019 Series Only)
*Must provide current APSATs certification in application process
$1050 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on June 25th, 2019
$1150.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on June 26th, 2019
Hotel and Transportation Accommodations
The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Old Town Scottsdale
3131 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone Number: 480-675-7665
Hotel rate: Single or Double ROH Room Rate: $113 / night + 13.92% tax
*Please call the hotel and mention the code “PCS Psychological Counseling Services-phxsr” in order to receive the special group rate.
There also is a complimentary HOT Breakfast each day, complimentary Wi-Fi, Manager reception with food and beverage 6-nights a week, FREE parking, complimentary shuttle to take you around town within 3 miles from 7am-10am, business center, and a fitness center.
Room Cut-Off Date: Sunday, June 9, 2019
Airport: PHX – Phoenix International Airport
Transfers will be provided from the airport to the group hotel. You will need to contact the hotel directly to coordinate.
All attendees are responsible for getting themselves from the airport they flew into to the hotel they are staying at and back to the airport at the end of the training UNLESS you are staying at the group hotel. Transfers will only be provided to/from the airport if you are staying at the group hotel. IF you are staying at the Group Hotel – the hotel provides a shuttle to/from the hotel for $15/person each way. Please call the hotel for more details (Phone: 480-947-5739).
Distance: from the PHX Airport to the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsdale Old Town (Group Hotel) is roughly 8.6-mile drive and 20-minute transfer.
Arizona Dental Association
3193 North Drinkwater Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
For a full refund, a written cancellation notice must be received by IITAP no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the scheduled event will be refunded less a $300 cancellation fee. No refund will be given as of the first day of the scheduled event. Allow 6 weeks for refund.
Upon completion of Sex Therapy Training Program, participants will be able to:
- Integrate the IPAST assessment to identify client’s needs quickly and efficiently.
- Identify the five common symptoms associated with Betrayal Trauma.
- Implement treatment solutions for each of the PTSD symptoms.
- Identify additional mental health issues clients experience after discovering sexual betrayal.
- Assess how the role of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) in a client’s life influences their experiences in relationships.
- Develop an effective treatment plan with betrayed partners.
- Implement a treatment model for treating different phases of betrayal trauma healing.
- Identify complex trauma and incorporate best practices model with highly traumatized clients.
- Help clients identify shame and strategize ways to combat it as they approach healing.
- Assist clients in developing more self-compassion in the healing process.
- Define how gas lighting and sexual secrets impact the partner traumatically.
- Discuss the differences between Discovery and Disclosure, and understand the damage caused by the staggered disclosure process.
- Describe the importance of Clinical Formal Disclosure as an important step in recovery for the partner, addict and couple to promote honesty and work towards healing in a relationship.
- Identify all four structured stages of Clinical Formal Disclosure and what preparation needs to be in place prior to, during, and post Formal Disclosure. Discuss legal and ethical concerns and how to minimize liability and risk when preparing for and facilitating Formal Disclosure.
- Review boundaries and guidelines for best practices with adjunct treatment team members when interacting and co-facilitating a Formal Disclosure in order to best support the recovering couple and treatment team.
- Apply and define specific strategies in the disclosure process to create safety for both parties and protect the partner from further trauma.
- Examine contraindications for disclosure in couples struggling with sexually compulsive behavior and discuss strategies for disclosure when problems arise and how to navigate these challenges.
- Develop strategies on how to support the partner with a 12 week group therapy model that includes a blend of process work, psycho-education, curriculum, experiential learning, film, music and exercises.
- Discuss legal and ethical considerations and clinical boundaries for partner's group therapy.
- Summarize the importance of Formal Disclosure and group therapy as a way of reducing partner's trauma, increasing trust building for the couple, and building a community of support through group therapy for the partner.
- Demonstrate ability to describe the four stages of formal disclosure, as well as group therapy.
CE & Renewal Requirements
CPTT's are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date.
Renewal requires you to earn 15 IITAP CPTT approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period from original certification date and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fee.
15 IITAP CEs may be acquired by registering for CPTT webinars, workshops, and/or attending the annual IITAP Symposium
Renewal fee: $200
CE Requirements (current CSAT or CSAT-Candidate):
If you are a CSAT in good standing and have acquired the CPTT certification, IITAP will merge your CPTT membership with your CSAT renewal date.
CSAT/CPTTs will need a total of 20 IITAP CEUs for renewal. For the first renewal as a CSAT/CPTT you will have earned 40 IITAP CE's by completing the Mod 1 & 2 trainings, therefore, you will have successfully earned your first renewal CE's for both CSAT (15 CE's) and CPTT (5 CE's). You may renew both your CSAT & CPTT by submitting your application for renewal, plus all other required documents, and the renewal fee of $300 ($200 for CSAT and $100 for CPTT).
In your next 2 year renewal as a CSAT/CPTT, you will be required to acquire a total of 20 IITAP approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fees. 5 of the 20 IITAP CE hours are required to be CPTT approved credits while the remaining 15 CEs can be from any IITAP CE training.
15 IITAP CEs
+ 5 IITAP CPTT CEs
20 CEs to maintain CSAT and CPTT certification together
Renewal fee: $300 ($200 for CSAT renewal and $100 for CPTT renewal)
Faculty conflict of interest statement can be found at https://iitap.com/page/faculty
For questions, accommodations requests, or to report a grievance please call Ph. 480-575-6853