“Facing Heartbreak- Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts”
The second and final module of the CPTT training focuses on understanding the different components of the coupleship who are in the midst of sexually compulsive behavior. This includes a examining the addicts treatment and recovery process so that the partners therapist can be educated and support the partner and couple as the addict journeys into recovery. Additionally, this training will focus on diving deeper into complex trauma using assessments such as the Post Traumatic Stress Inventory (PTSI-R) and understanding key intervention methods in couples therapy. Participants will also learn more on how to work with the entire family unit in regards to disclosure with treatment planning, practical applications and within ethical guidelines.
Click image to read bio
PCS - Psychological Counseling Services
7530 E. Angus Drive Scottsdale | Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | (480) 946-5739 | www.pcsearle.com
PLEASE NOTE: If you have never submitted an IITAP training application, it is required before you can register for module 1. To submit a training application, please click here and scroll down to the IITAP Training Application link.
Mental Health Practitioners, Licensed Social Workers (LSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Psychologists, Psychiatrist, Medical Doctors (MD), Certified Addiction Counselors
- Licensed through a state board (or equivalent) as a social worker, therapist, doctor, psychiatrist, or counseling clergy
- Earned a Master's Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field
- Have a minimum of five years clinical experience
10 hours of supervision will be required to obtain the CPTT certification.(A list of CPPT Supervisors will be complied by the beginning of Mod 1.)
5 hours of supervision must be completed prior to Mod 1 while the remaining 5 (10 total) must be completed within 6 months of Mod. 2.
Current CSATS attending will NOT be required to take additional supervision.
Module 2 Advanced
20 IITAP CE Hours
This will qualify for ITIAP CEs as well as the CEs that IITAP is accredited to give. Current CSATs must go through both modules (in order) to become a CPTT (they cannot get their 15 IITAP CEs to renew their CSAT certification by attending 1 of these modules)
8:30 am – 5:00 pm Wednesday thru Saturday (Lunch included)
8:30 am-10:00 am Class/ 10:00 am-10:15 am Break
12:00 pm-12:30 pm Lunch/ 12:30 pm-3:00 pm Class
3:00 pm-3:15 pm Break/ 3:15 pm-5:00 pm Class
Lunch provided Wednesday - Saturday
New Candidate Fee
$1200.00 USD* - Early Bird Registration Fees End on October 8th, 2019
$1300.00 USD* - Standard Registration Fees Start on October 9th, 2019
CSAT or PSAP Pricing (2019 Series Only)
$950.00 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on October 8th, 2019
$1000.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on October 9th, 2019
APSATs Pricing (2019 Series Only)
*Must provide current APSATs certification in application process
$1050 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on October 8th, 2019
$1150.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on October 9th, 2019
Hotel and Transportation Accommodations
The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Old Town Scottsdale
3131 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone Number: 480-675-7665
Hotel rate: Single or Double ROH Room Rate: $113 / night + 13.92% tax
*Please call the hotel and mention the code “PCS Psychological Counseling Services-phxsr” in order to receive the special group rate.
There also is a complimentary HOT Breakfast each day, complimentary Wi-Fi, Manager reception with food and beverage 6-nights a week, FREE parking, complimentary shuttle to take you around town within 3 miles from 7am-10am, business center, and a fitness center.
Room Cut-Off Date: Sunday, June 9, 2019
Airport: PHX – Phoenix International Airport
Transfers will be provided from the airport to the group hotel. You will need to contact the hotel directly to coordinate.
All attendees are responsible for getting themselves from the airport they flew into to the hotel they are staying at and back to the airport at the end of the training UNLESS you are staying at the group hotel. Transfers will only be provided to/from the airport if you are staying at the group hotel. IF you are staying at the Group Hotel – the hotel provides a shuttle to/from the hotel for $15/person each way. Please call the hotel for more details (Phone: 480-947-5739).
Distance: from the PHX Airport to the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsdale Old Town (Group Hotel) is roughly 8.6-mile drive and 20-minute transfer.
Arizona Dental Association
3193 North Drinkwater Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
For a full refund, a written cancellation notice must be received by IITAP no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the scheduled event will be refunded less a $300 cancellation fee. No refund will be given as of the first day of the scheduled event. Allow 6 weeks for refund.
Upon completion of Sex Therapy Training Program, participants will be able to: Participants will receive instruction on the controversy surrounding the diagnosis of sexually compulsive behavior and understand basic differential diagnosis issues.
- Participants will receive instruction on the controversy surrounding the diagnosis of sexually compulsive behavior and understand basic differential diagnosis issues.
- Participants will learn the basic tenets of recovery for the addict, including incorporation of the 12 steps and task models of therapy.
- Participants will receive a general overview of the use of the Sexual Dependency Inventory for Sexually Compulsive Clients.
- Participants will learn to assess complex trauma and betrayal trauma utilizing the Post Traumatic Stress Inventory.
- Participants will be able to name components of betrayal bonding (trauma bonding) and understand treatment recommendations.
- Participants will conceptualize treating betrayal trauma from a relational paradigm.
- Participants will understand the chronological nature of couples therapy for sexually compulsive behavior.
- Participants will learn key interventions in couples therapy, including crisis management, boundaries support, disclosure preparation, impact statements, emotional restitution, and recommitment ceremonies.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate strategies to increase addict empathy for the partners betrayal trauma.
- Participants will learn key aspects of how to support other family members who have been impacted by sexually compulsive behavior (e.g. children, parents).
- Discuss the impact of betrayal trauma on a partner's brain, body, and mind.
- Apply applications, interventions, and treatment options for partners brain, body and mind.
- Exploring the impact of betrayal trauma on one’s worldview including aspects about one’s safety, self-concept, significant other, family, community, and spirituality.
- Discuss betrayal reactivity, including trauma triggers, emotional dysregulation, and unresolved grief.
- Discuss trauma informed interventions which help partners re-inhabit their body, including mindfulness and self-care.
- Apply practical applications aimed at restoring a partner's choice from feeling of helplessness and/or powerlessness.
- Use group exercises for empowerment for both betrayed partner and couple utilizing the Empowerment WheelTM
- Assess ethical dilemmas among treatment professionals.
- Discuss ethics surrounding the impact of relationally offending behaviors (gaslighting, denial, abuse, manipulation, rage, etc.)
- Apply case conceptualization integrating assessments, ethics and tools for recovery.
Faculty conflict of interest statement can be found at https://iitap.com/page/faculty
For questions, accommodations requests, or to report a grievance please call Ph. 480-575-6853
CE & Renewal Requirements
CPTT's are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date.
Renewal requires you to earn 15 IITAP CPTT approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period from original certification date and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fee.
15 IITAP CEs may be acquired by registering for CPTT webinars, workshops, and/or attending the annual IITAP Symposium
Renewal fee: $200
CE Requirements (current CSAT or CSAT-Candidate):
If you are a CSAT in good standing and have acquired the CPTT certification, IITAP will merge your CPTT membership with your CSAT renewal date.
CSAT/CPTTs will need a total of 20 IITAP CEs for renewal. For the first renewal as a CSAT/CPTT you will have earned 40 IITAP CE's by completing the Mod 1 & 2 trainings, therefore, you will have successfully earned your first renewal CE's for both CSAT (15 CE's) and CPTT (5 CE's). You may renew both your CSAT & CPTT by submitting your application for renewal, plus all other required documents, and the renewal fee of $300 ($200 for CSAT and $100 for CPTT).
In your next 2 year renewal as a CSAT/CPTT, you will be required to acquire a total of 20 IITAP approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fees. 5 of the 20 IITAP CE hours are required to be CPTT approved credits while the remaining 15 CEs can be from any IITAP CE training.
15 IITAP CEs
+ 5 IITAP CPTT CEs
20 CEs to maintain CSAT and CPTT certification together
Renewal fee: $300 ($200 for CSAT renewal and $100 for CPTT renewal)