**This Training Has Been Moved to an Online Format.**
CPTT Module 1 Training
PCS - Psychological Counseling Services
7530 E. Angus Drive Scottsdale | Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | (480) 946-5739 | www.pcsearle.com
“Facing Heartbreak - Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts”
Discovering your loved one has sexually compulsive behavior is a devastating event for the partner. In this four day, didactic and experiential intensive training, clinicians will learn how to best treat and support partners suffering from betrayal trauma. Participants will learn how to conduct a thorough assessment of betrayal trauma including the use of cutting edge assessment tools for betrayal trauma and complex trauma. Participants will also learn how to create an effective treatment plan that includes group therapy tools and resources, as well as support for the couple relationship. This training includes extensive education on the formal disclosure process and how to best support traumatized partners through this process. Ethical pitfalls that commonly arise when treating this population will also be evaluated and addressed.
Click image to read bio
PLEASE NOTE: If you have never submitted an IITAP training application, it is required before you can register for Module 1. To submit a training application, please click here.
Mental Health Professionals, Certified Addiction Counselors
Candidates for *CPTT certification must meet the following criteria:
- Licensed through a state board (or equivalent) as a social worker, therapist, doctor, psychiatrist, or counseling clergy
- Earned a Master's Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field
- Have a minimum of five years clinical experience
*The Associate Partner Trauma Therapist (APTT) certification is available for Candidates who do not meet all of the criteria above. The training and supervision requirements are the same as CPTT. Click here for more information.
10 hours of supervision will be required to obtain the CPTT certification.(A list of CPTT Supervisors will be complied by the beginning of Mod 1.)
5 hours of supervision must be completed after Mod 1 while the remaining 5 (10 total) must be completed within 6 months of completing Mod. 2.
Current CSATs attending will NOT be required to take additional supervision.
Module 1 Introductory
20 IITAP CE Hours
This will qualify for IITAP CEs as well as the CEs that IITAP is accredited to give. Current CSATs must go through both modules (in order) to become a CPTT (they cannot get their 15 IITAP CEs to renew their CSAT certification by attending only (1) of these modules.)
The International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IITAP maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Training is Live and in-person for 20 Credit Hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC), Provider # 135430 is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCC’s and LEP’s. IITAP maintains responsibility for the program and all its content. Training is Live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0224. Training is live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists. #MFT-0031.Training is live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0060. Training is live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
IITAP is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. IITAP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. This program qualifies for 20 Clock Hours as approved by NBCC Provider #6251.
Online Training Schedule:
8:30 am – 5:00 pm (MST) Wednesday thru Saturday
Daily Online Training Schedule: **This Training Has Been Moved to an Online Format.**
8:30 am-10:00 am Class / 10:00 am-10:15 am Break / 12:00 pm-12:30 pm Lunch
12:30 pm-3:00 pm Class / 3:00 pm-3:15 pm Break / 3:15 pm-5:00 pm Class
Registration Fee Options:
New Candidate Fee
$1,200.00 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on October 21, 2020
$1,300.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on October 22, 2020
Existing ASAT/CSAT Pricing
$1,000.00 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on October 21, 2020
$1,100.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on October 22, 2020
*Must provide current APSATs certification in application process
$1,100.00 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on October 21, 2020
$1,200.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on October 22, 2020
For a full refund, a written cancellation notice must be received by IITAP no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the scheduled event will be refunded less a $300 cancellation fee. No refund will be given as of the first day of the scheduled event. Allow 6 weeks for refund.
Upon completion of the Certified Partner Trauma Module 1 Training Program, participants will be able to:
- Integrate the IPAST assessment to identify client’s needs quickly and efficiently.
- Identify the five common symptoms associated with Betrayal Trauma.
- Implement treatment solutions for each of the PTSD symptoms.
- Identify additional mental health issues clients experience after discovering sexual betrayal.
- Assess how the role of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) in a client’s life influences their experiences in relationships.
- Develop an effective treatment plan with betrayed partners.
- Implement a treatment model for treating different phases of betrayal trauma healing.
- Identify complex trauma and incorporate best practices model with highly traumatized clients.
- Help clients identify shame and strategize ways to combat it as they approach healing.
- Assist clients in developing more self-compassion in the healing process.
- Define how gas lighting and sexual secrets impact the partner traumatically.
- Discuss the differences between Discovery and Disclosure, and understand the damage caused by the staggered disclosure process.
- Describe the importance of Clinical Formal Disclosure as an important step in recovery for the partner, addict and couple to promote honesty and work towards healing in a relationship.
- Identify all four structured stages of Clinical Formal Disclosure and what preparation needs to be in place prior to, during, and post Formal Disclosure. Discuss legal and ethical concerns and how to minimize liability and risk when preparing for and facilitating Formal Disclosure.
- Review boundaries and guidelines for best practices with adjunct treatment team members when interacting and co-facilitating a Formal Disclosure in order to best support the recovering couple and treatment team.
- Apply and define specific strategies in the disclosure process to create safety for both parties and protect the partner from further trauma.
- Examine contraindications for disclosure in couples struggling with sexually compulsive behavior and discuss strategies for disclosure when problems arise and how to navigate these challenges.
- Develop strategies on how to support the partner with a 12 week group therapy model that includes a blend of process work, psycho-education, curriculum, experiential learning, film, music and exercises.
- Discuss legal and ethical considerations and clinical boundaries for partner's group therapy.
- Summarize the importance of Formal Disclosure and group therapy as a way of reducing partner's trauma, increasing trust building for the couple, and building a community of support through group therapy for the partner.
- Demonstrate ability to describe the four stages of formal disclosure, as well as group therapy.
APTT/CPTT CE & Renewal Requirements:
CPTTs are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date.
Renewal requires you to earn (15) IITAP CPTT approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period from original certification date and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fee.
(15) IITAP CEs may be acquired by registering for CPTT webinars, workshops, and/or attending the annual IITAP Symposium
Renewal fee: $200
CE Requirements (current CSAT/ASAT or CSAT-Candidate):
If you are a CSAT in good standing and have acquired the CPTT certification, IITAP will merge your CPTT membership with your CSAT renewal date.
CSAT/CPTTs will need a total of 20 IITAP CEUs for renewal. For the first renewal as a CSAT/CPTT you will have earned 40 IITAP CE's by completing the Mod 1 & 2 trainings, therefore, you will have successfully earned your first renewal CE's for both CSAT (15 CE's) and CPTT (5 CE's). You may renew both your CSAT & CPTT by submitting your application for renewal, plus all other required documents, and the renewal fee of $300 ($200 for CSAT and $100 for CPTT).
In your next 2 year renewal as a CSAT/CPTT, you will be required to acquire a total of 20 IITAP approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fees. 5 of the 20 IITAP CE hours are required to be CPTT approved credits while the remaining 15 CEs can be from any IITAP CE training.
15 IITAP CEs
+ 5 IITAP CPTT CEs
20 CEs to maintain CSAT and CPTT certification together
Renewal fee: $300 ($200 for CSAT renewal and $100 for CPTT renewal)
Faculty conflict of interest statements can be found at https://iitap.com/page/faculty
For questions, accommodations requests, or to report a grievance, please call the IITAP Office at 480-575-6853.