Rio Retreat Center at the Meadows
1245 Jack Burden Rd | Wickenburg, AZ 85390 | (866) 835-5431 | www.rioretreatcenter.com
This workshop is open to All Licensed Professionals and is eligible for 15 IITAP CEs. For more information on CE providers, please see the CE information available at the bottom of this page.
"Traumatic Bonding: The Misaligned Fusion of Souls"
Trauma bonding can morph into extraordinary varieties of compulsive attachment. Parsing the dimensions of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder into separate typologies, including embitterment and prolonged grief, is rapidly expanding. The purpose of this workshop is to explore therapy strategies for identification, intervention, and healing. Many know Dr. Patrick Carnes’ work in this field. The Betrayal Bond has been revised and is designed to assist the process, as is the Grievance Story in Recovery Zone. The PTSI-R helps with coexisting trauma factors, yet how does the therapist proceed beyond these helpful tools? Advances in physics, neuroscience, genetics and resilience education open new paths for both therapists and patients. Forgiveness is not only a moment of surrender; it is a road with biomarkers and teachable tools, and some use the phrase “spiritual connection.”
Dr. Patrick Carnes
Mental Health Practitioners, Licensed Social Workers (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Psychologists, Psychiatrist, Medical Doctors (MD), Certified Addiction Counselors.
(15) CE Hours
8:30 am – 5:00 pm Friday and Saturday (Lunch is Included Both Days)
8:30 am-10:00 am Class/ 10:00 am-10:15 am Break
12:00 pm-12:30 pm Lunch/ 12:30 pm-3:00 pm Class/
3:00 pm-3:15 pm Break/ 3:15 pm-5:00 pm Class
Early Bird Fee:
$650.00 USD* - Early Bird Registration Fees End on October 24th, 2019
$700.00 USD* - Standard Registration Fees Start on October 25th, 2019
Available Hotel Accommodation Options:
Option 1: Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows:
The Rio Retreat Center is located on a beautiful historic dude ranch which offers a serene restorative desert setting. The Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows is located at: 1245 Jack Burden Road in Wickenburg, AZ 85390.
To Make Room Reservations: Please call 1-800-MEADOWS to book your room onsite at The Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows.
Available lodging/pricing is available on a first come / first serve basis and only available on Friday Night and Saturday Night:
· A shared room with a twin bed in the Bunkhouse is $100/night.
· A private queen room in the Hacienda is $150/night.
· A shared queen room in the Hacienda is $135/night.
Check-In time for the rooms at The Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows will be 1:00pm on Friday and Check-Out time will be 12:00pm on Sunday. There will be luggage storage available onsite.
(3) Meals and snacks will be provided on campus during your stay.
Please keep in mind this is a retreat center, so there are no electronics available onsite in the rooms. However, you are welcome to bring your own computer/iPad etc. to use during your stay.
Option 2: Best Western Rancho Grande: ROOMS ARE SOLD OUT!!!
The Best Western Rancho Grande is located at 293 East Wickenburg Way in Wickenburg, AZ 85390.
Phone: +1 (928) 684-5445
To Make Room Reservations: Please call The Best Western Rancho Grande at +1 (928) 684-5445 and ask for the special code “IITAP GROUP” to receive the special group rate.
Available lodging/pricing is available on a first come / first serve basis and is available on Thursday /Friday /and Saturday Nights:
· Single Queen Bedroom $85.02/night
· King Bedroom $94.13/night
· Two Queen Bedroom $98.18/night
Check-In time for the rooms at The Best Western Rancho Grande will be 3:00pm and Check-Out time is 11:00am.
The deadline to book a room at the special group rate is Wednesday, October 30th, 2019!
SPECIAL TRANSPORTATION / TRANSFER NOTES:
**PLEASE NOTE: All participants are responsible for getting themselves from the airport to the hotel they are staying at and back to the airport at the end of the training. Transfers will NOT be provided to/from the airport. Additionally, there also will be NO transportation provided to The Rio Retreat Center from The Best Western Rancho Grande during the training days. We recommend using the following: 5 Star Express Transportation (Phone: 520-280-8986), Taxi Cab Service, Renting a Car, or Utilizing a Shared ride service such as Uber/Lyft to get from the airport out to Wickenburg. Around town, going to/from the hotel and Rio Retreat Center there are only two taxi services in town and no shared ride service like Uber/Lyft. Please plan accordingly.
Training Room Location, Distance, and Information:
The 2-Day Training will be held at the Rio Retreat Center which is located at 1245 Jack Burden Road in Wickenburg, AZ 85390.
The Best Western Rancho Grande is located 1.5 miles from the Rio Retreat Center (where the training is being held) and a 5-minute transfer. You can also walk to the training which is a 30 minute walk from the hotel to the facility. Please plan accordingly if you choose to walk to the training from the hotel.
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX) Transfer time from the airport to the Rio Retreat Center is 25 Miles / 30-45 Minutes Depending on Traffic.
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX) Transfer time from the airport to the Best Western Rancho Grande in Wickenburg Hotel is 25 Miles / 30-45 Minutes Depending on Traffic.
Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA) Transfer time from the airport to the Rio Retreat Center is 60 Miles / 1 Hour and 5 Minutes Depending on Traffic.
Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA) Transfer time from the airport to the Best Western Rancho Grande in Wickenburg Hotel is 60 Miles / 1 Hour and 5 Minutes Depending on Traffic.
Roommate and Ride Share Requests:
We have a group blog created for this discussion. Only those who have already registered for this event will have access to view and post in this blog. Please click here to view the group blog. Helpful instructions are also available, click here.
For a full refund, a written cancellation notice must be received by IITAP no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the scheduled event will be refunded less a $300 cancellation fee. No refund will be given as of the first day of the scheduled event. Allow 6 weeks for refund.
CE HOURS AND ACCREDITING INSTITUTIONS:
(15) CE Hours
IITAP is a continuing education (CE) provider for the:
- National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors – NAADAC #92253.
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists – CAMFT #13543.
- New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0224.
- New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists.#MFT-0031.
- New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors.#MHC-0060.
- IITAP has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6251. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. IITAP is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- The International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IITAP maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
1. Identify varieties of compulsive attachment.
2. Explain the components of compulsive attachment.
3. Utilize new paradigms associated with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and apply them to traumatic bonding.
4. Describe new concepts of epigenetics and resilience intervention.
5. Discuss the science around the psychometrics of forgiveness.
6. Assess divergent literature and books which can add dimension to the timing of interventions.
7. Define therapists’ habits which contribute to self-protection and career reward.
8. Utilize the Betrayal Bond Index assessment.
9. Recognize and assess the symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Anxiety, Embitterment, Grief, Shame).
10. Create comprehensive models for treatment planning.
11. Discuss the cultural impact on the psychology of our cultural divisiveness.
12. Describe the prophets of change in consciousness, brain science and therapeutic practice.
13. Assess the importance of mindfulness and the windows of tolerance.
14. Describe Epigenetics: the science turning therapy upside down.
15. Recognize the symptoms of traumatic bonding as dysfunction leaks in light of current quantum physics and systems theory.
The Faculty conflict of interest statement can be found at https://iitap.com/page/faculty.
For questions, accommodations requests, or to report a grievance please call the IITAP Office at 480-575-6853.