**This Training is Set to be held in-person.**
CPTT Module 2 Training
PCS - Psychological Counseling Services
7530 E. Angus Drive Scottsdale | Scottsdale, AZ 85251 | (480) 946-5739 | www.pcsearle.com
“Facing Heartbreak - Steps to Recovery for Partners of Sex Addicts”
The second and final module of the CPTT training focuses on understanding the different components of the coupleship who are in the midst of sexually compulsive behavior. This includes a examining the addicts treatment and recovery process so that the partners therapist can be educated and support the partner and couple as the addict journeys into recovery. Additionally, this training will focus on diving deeper into complex trauma using assessments such as the Post Traumatic Stress Inventory (PTSI-R) and understanding key intervention methods in couples therapy. Participants will also learn more on how to work with the entire family unit in regards to disclosure with treatment planning, practical applications and within ethical guidelines.
Click image to read bio
Mental Health Practitioners, Licensed Social Workers (LSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Medical Doctors (MD), Certified Addiction Counselors
Candidates for *CPTT certification must meet the following criteria:
- Licensed through a state board (or equivalent) as a social worker, therapist, doctor, psychiatrist, or counseling clergy
- Earned a Master's Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field
- Have a minimum of five years clinical experience
*The Associate Partner Trauma Therapist (APTT) certification is available for Candidates who do not meet all of the criteria above. The training and supervision requirements are the same as CPTT. Click here for more information.
10 hours of supervision will be required to obtain the CPTT certification.(A list of CPTT Supervisors will be complied by the beginning of Mod 1.)
5 hours of supervision must be completed prior to Mod 2 while the remaining 5 (10 total) must be completed within 6 months of Mod. 2.
Current CSATs attending will NOT be required to take additional supervision.
Module 2 Advanced
CE Hours and Accrediting Institutions:
(20 CE Hours)
This will qualify for IITAP CEs as well as the CEs that IITAP is accredited to give. Current CSATs must go through both modules (in order) to become a CPTT (they cannot get their 15 IITAP CEs to renew their CSAT certification by attending 1 of these modules)
The International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. IITAP maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Training is Live and in-person for 20 Credit Hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC), Provider # 135430 is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’s, LCSW’s, LPCC’s and LEP’s. IITAP maintains responsibility for the program and all its content. Training is Live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0224. Training is live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists. #MFT-0031.Training is live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP, LLC) is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0060. Training is live and in-person for 20 contact hours.
IITAP is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. IITAP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. This program qualifies for 20 Clock Hours as approved by NBCC Provider #6251.
8:30 am – 5:00 pm Wednesday thru Saturday (Lunch included) Mountain Standard Time (MST)
*ALL TIMES WILL BE IN MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME (MST)*
8:30 am-10:00 am Class/ 10:00 am-10:15 am Break
12:00 pm-1:00 pm Lunch/ 1:00 pm-3:00 pm Class
3:00 pm-3:15 pm Break/ 3:15 pm-5:00 pm Class
Lunch provided Wednesday - Saturday
Registration Fee Options:
New Candidate Fee:
$1200.00 USD* - Early Bird Registration Fees End on February 16, 2021
$1300.00 USD* - Standard Registration Fees Start on February 17, 2021
Existing CSAT Pricing Fee:
$1000.00 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on February 16, 2021
$1100.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on February 17, 2021
APSATs Pricing Fee:
*Must provide current APSATs certification in application process
$1100 USD - Early Bird Registration Fees End on February 16, 2021
$1200.00 USD - Standard Registration Fees Start on
Hotel and Transportation Accommodations (The training will be held at the group hotel.):
HOTEL INFORMATION (training is held at the group hotel):
Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North/Perimeter Center
8550 E. Princess Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Training Room Name: McDowell Room
Click Here for Room Block Link
Room Rates: $189.00 + Tax / Night
Room Block Dates: Tuesday, October 22nd - Sunday, October 27, 2019
Room cut-off date: Friday, September 27th, 2019
Airports and Distances:
All attendees are responsible for getting themselves from the airport they flew into to the hotel they are staying at and back to the airport at the end of the training.
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX) Transfer time from the airport to the group hotel is 23 Miles / 25-35 Minutes Depending on Traffic.
Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA) Transfer time from the airport to the group hotel is 42 Miles / 40-50 Minutes Depending on Traffic.
Transfers will be not be provided from the airport to the group hotel. Here are some options for transfers from airport to group hotel:
Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale North / Perimeter Center
8550 E. Princess Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
For a full refund, a written cancellation notice must be received by IITAP no later than 30 days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the scheduled event will be refunded less a $300 cancellation fee. No refund will be given as of the first day of the scheduled event. Allow 6 weeks for refund.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the controversy surrounding the diagnosis of sexually compulsive behavior and understand basic differential diagnosis issues.
- List the basic tenets of recovery for the addict, including incorporation of the 12 steps and task models of therapy.
- Describe how the Sexual Dependency Inventory can be used with Sexually Compulsive Clients.
- Assess complex trauma and betrayal trauma utilizing the Post Traumatic Stress Inventory.
- List components of betrayal bonding (trauma bonding) and understand treatment recommendations.
- Formulate how to treat betrayal trauma from a relational paradigm.
- Describe the chronological nature of couples therapy for sexually compulsive behavior.
- Implement key interventions in couples therapy, including crisis management, boundaries support, disclosure preparation, impact statements, emotional restitution, and recommitment ceremonies.
- Demonstrate strategies to increase addict empathy for the partners betrayal trauma.
- Identify key aspects of how to support other family members who have been impacted by sexually compulsive behavior (e.g. children, parents).
- Discuss the impact of betrayal trauma on a partner's brain, body, and mind.
- Apply applications, interventions, and treatment options for partners brain, body and mind.
- Explain the impact of betrayal trauma on one’s worldview including aspects about one’s safety, self-concept, significant other, family, community, and spirituality.
- Discuss betrayal reactivity, including trauma triggers, emotional dysregulation, and unresolved grief.
- Discuss trauma informed interventions which help partners re-inhabit their body, including mindfulness and self-care.
- Apply practical applications aimed at restoring a partner's choice from feeling of helplessness and/or powerlessness.
- Use group exercises for empowerment for both betrayed partner and couple utilizing the Empowerment WheelTM
- Assess ethical dilemmas among treatment professionals.
- Discuss ethics surrounding the impact of relationally offending behaviors (gaslighting, denial, abuse, manipulation, rage, etc.)
- Apply case conceptualization integrating assessments, ethics and tools for recovery.
IITAP CE & Certification Renewal Requirements:
CPTT's are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date.
Renewal requires you to earn 15 IITAP CPTT approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period from original certification date and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fee.
15 IITAP CEs may be acquired by registering for CPTT webinars, workshops, and/or attending the annual IITAP Symposium
Renewal fee: $200
CE Requirements (current CSAT or CSAT-Candidate):
If you are a CSAT in good standing and have acquired the CPTT certification, IITAP will merge your CPTT membership with your CSAT renewal date.
CSAT/CPTTs will need a total of 20 IITAP CEs for renewal. For the first renewal as a CSAT/CPTT you will have earned 40 IITAP CE's by completing the Mod 1 & 2 trainings, therefore, you will have successfully earned your first renewal CE's for both CSAT (15 CE's) and CPTT (5 CE's). You may renew both your CSAT & CPTT by submitting your application for renewal, plus all other required documents, and the renewal fee of $300 ($200 for CSAT and $100 for CPTT).
In your next 2 year renewal as a CSAT/CPTT, you will be required to acquire a total of 20 IITAP approved Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fees. 5 of the 20 IITAP CE hours are required to be CPTT approved credits while the remaining 15 CEs can be from any IITAP CE training.
15 IITAP CEs
+ 5 IITAP CPTT CEs
20 CEs to maintain CSAT and CPTT certification together
Renewal fee: $300 ($200 for CSAT renewal and $100 for CPTT renewal)
Faculty conflict of interest statement can be found at https://iitap.com/page/faculty
For questions, accommodations requests, or to report a grievance please call Phone 480-575-6853