Associate Partner Trauma Therapist (APTT)
The APTT was developed for those who do not fully meet the requirements for the CPTT program. For example, an intern who has completed his or her Master’s degree and is working on state licensure, or an undergraduate with a Bachelor's degree.
As an APTT you will receive the same training, tools, and benefits as those certified as a CPTT:
- Obtain tools for treating partner and trauma derived from a loved ones addiction
- Receive intensive, experiential training
- Grow your practice or treatment center through the CPTT network
- Gain access to exclusive behavioral assessments
- 24/7 access to the IITAP professional network
To become an Associate Partner Trauma Therapist (APTT), you must have the following upon completing our two (2) intensive training modules.
- Associate/Intern license through a state board (or equivalent); or certified through NAADAC
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field
- Have less than 5 years of clinical counseling experience
APTT Certification Process
To start the APTT certification process we ask that all potential candidates submit a training application as well as submit the supporting documents specified in the application. Once your application is approved you are free to start the training. APTT candidates must complete four training modules, each lasting 4.5 days. Module dates, times, and locations can be found on the Training Schedule link on the homepage. Supervision is required throughout the training with candidates completing a total of 10 hours of clinical supervision. Candidates are required to complete the clinical supervision and the two training modules within two years of the start of the training. Once all training and clinical supervision is complete certification will be earned.
APTT Certification Renewal Process
APTTs are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date. Renewal requires you to earn 15 CPTT specific Continuing Education (CE) hours from IITAP over the 2 year period and submit your renewal online with all required documentation and applicable fee.