Certified Partner Trauma Therapist (CPTT )
Current members please go to the events page under the Training Schedule tab to register.
IITAP's network of certified sex addiction therapists are recognized as experts in the field of addiction
As a Certified Partner Trauma Therapist, you will have access to valuable tools and support for your practice
- Obtain tools for treating partners and trauma as a result of a loved ones addiction
- Receive intensive, experiential training
- Grow your practice or treatment center through the CPTT network
- Gain access to exclusive behavioral assessments
- 24/7 access to the IITAP professional network
To become a Certified Partner and Trauma Therapist (CPTT), you must have the following credentials upon completing two (2) intensive training modules and prior to earning your certification.
- Licensed through a state board (or equivalent) as a social worker, therapist, doctor, or psychiatrist
- Earned a Master's Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field.
CPTT Certification Process
To start the CPTT certification process we ask that all potential candidates submit a training application as well as submit the supporting documents specified in the application. Once your application is approved you are free to start the training. CPTT candidates must complete two training modules, each lasting 4 days. Module dates, times, and locations can be found on the Calendar tab under the Training Schedule page starting on April 2, 2019. Supervision is required throughout the training with candidates completing a total of 10 hours of clinical supervision. Candidates are required to complete the clinical supervision and two (2) training modules within two years (24 months) of the start of the training. Once all training and clinical supervision is complete, candidates will earn their CPTT certification.
Current CSATs are exempt from the Supervision requirements as they have received sufficient Supervision throughout the CSAT training.
CPTT Certification Renewal Process
CPTT's are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date. Renewal requires you to earn 15 IITAP Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year (24 month) period and submit the CPTT Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fees.
Have more question?
We have more answers. Check out our CPTT Frequently Asked Questions page.
Interested in becoming APTT?