Pastoral Sex Addiction Professional (PSAP®)
The Pastoral Sex Addiction Professional (PSAP®) certification is designated for pastors who work in the field of sex addiction treatment designed to help guide their parishioners who are struggling with sexual addictions.
During this this 2 Module Certification process, Pastors will participate and learn from the following curriculum:
- Overview on sex addiction
- The 12 step recovery system
- Using the 30 task systems from a faith-based perspective
- Supporting the partner and family
- Betrayal trauma
- And more
To become a Pastoral Sex Addiction Professional (PSAP®) you should have the following credentials:
- Earned an M.Div or equivalent with counseling courses or a leader/Pastor of an established church (including lay counselors, deacons, and elders)
- Currently working in or affiliated with a religious institution
- Determinations for additional qualifications are made on a case-by-case basis
If you have questions about the above credentials, please feel free to submit a contact form (click here) for further discussion.
PSAP® Certification Process
The PSAP® certification process starts with submitting a training application as well as the supporting documents specified in the application. Once your application is approved you are free to start the training. PSAP® candidates must complete two training modules, each lasting 4 days. Module dates, times, and locations can be found on the Calendar tab under Upcoming Events. Candidates are required to complete the two training modules within two years of the start of the training. Once Mod 2 training is complete, candidates are awarded their PSAP Certification.
PSAP Certification Renewal Process
PSAP's are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date. Renewal requires you to earn 15 IITAP Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fee.
(Click on picture for bio and to view video on more information about PSAP.)
Ready for next steps? Click here to start the application process.