Pastoral Sex Addiction Professional (PSAP®)
The PSAP certification is designed to equip ministry professionals who are encountering sexual issues in their congregations. This training will provide practical tools and cutting-edge education to equip churches to respond effectively, biblically, and compassionately to individuals struggling with sexual issues.
This 2-module training is designed to accommodate ministry professionals with a Monday-Thursday schedule to allow return to home congregations on the weekends.
- Pornography use
- Affairs and infidelity
- Clergy sexual misconduct
- Sexual trends with adolescents and youth groups
- Church discipline issues
- Sexual addictions
- Sex offending
- The 12 step recovery system
- Partner and family support
- Betrayal trauma
- And more
Ideal PSAP Candidates include pastors, lay counselors, counseling/care ministry professionals, small group leaders, deacons, elders, and para-ministry professionals.
Other candidates considered on a case-by-case basis.
PSAP® Certification Process
- Submit training application, supporting documents, and training fee ($35)
- Background check conducted by IITAP
- Approval letter received
- Register for first of two, four-day training modules
- Complete two training modules within two years
- PSAP certification awarded
Module dates, times, and locations can be found on the Calendar tab under Upcoming Events.
PSAP Certification Renewal Process
- Obtain 15 IITAP CE hours biennially
- Submit Renewal Application Form and renewal fee ($50)
(Click on picture for bio and video.)
Ready for next steps? Click here to start the application process.