Associate Sex Addiction Therapist (ASAT)
The ASAT was developed for those who do not fully meet the requirements for the CSAT® program.
As an Associate Sex Addiction Therapist, you will: For example, an intern who has completed his or her Master’s degree and is working on state licensure, or an undergraduate with a bachelors degree. As an ASAT® you will receive the same training and tools developed by Dr. Patrick Carnes for the CSAT® certification.
- Obtain tools for treating sex addiction
- Receive intensive, experiential training
- Grow your practice or treatment center through the CSAT network
- Gain access to exclusive behavioral assessments
- 24/7 access to the IITAP professional network
To become an Associate Sex Addiction Therapist (ASAT), you must have the following upon completing all four (4) training modules and prior to submitting your Application for Final Certification.
- Associate/Intern license through a state board (or equivalent); or certified through NAADAC
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field
- Have less than 5 years of clinical counseling experience
ASAT Certification Process
To start the ASAT certification process we ask that all potential candidates submit a training application as well as submit the supporting documents specified in the application. Once your application is approved you are free to start the training. ASAT candidates must complete four training modules, each lasting 4.5 days. Module dates, times, and locations can be found on the Calendar tab under Upcoming Events. Supervision is required throughout the training with candidates completing a total of 30 hours of clinical supervision. Candidates are required to complete the clinical supervision and four training modules within two years of the start of the training. Once all training and clinical supervision is complete, candidates must submit an Application for Final Certification to IITAP for approval.
ASAT Certification Renewal Process
ASAT's are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date. Renewal requires you to earn 15 IITAP Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fee.