Certified Sex Addiction Therapist
Founded by renowned therapist Dr. Patrick Carnes, the CSAT® (Certified Sex Addiction Therapist) program was developed after years of extensive experience in the field of addiction. The CSAT certification offers a cutting-edge advantage for practitioners wanting to grow their practice and gain new insights about addictive and compulsive behaviors.
IITAP's network of certified sex addiction therapists are recognized as experts in the field of addiction therapy. As a certified practitioner, you will have access to valuable tools and support for your practice.
As a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist, you will:
- Obtain tools for treating sex addiction
- Receive intensive, experiential training
- Grow your practice or treatment center through the CSAT network
- Gain access to exclusive behavioral assessments
- 24/7 access to the IITAP professional network
To become a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT), you must have the following credentials upon completing all four (4) training modules and prior to submitting your Application for Final Certification.
- Licensed through a state board (or equivalent) as a social worker, therapist, doctor, psychiatrist, or counseling clergy
- Earned a Master's Degree or higher from an accredited institution in psychology, counseling, or related mental health field
- Have a minimum of five years clinical counseling experience
Note: For therapists who do not fully meet the above criteria, please see the ASAT certification.
CSAT® Certification Process
To start the CSAT® certification process we ask that all potential candidates submit a training application as well as submit the supporting documents specified in the application. Once your application is approved you are free to start the training. CSAT® candidates must complete four training modules, each lasting 4.5 days. Module dates, times, and locations can be found on the Calendar tab under the Upcoming Events page. Supervision is required throughout the training with candidates completing a total of 30 hours of clinical supervision. Candidates are required to complete the clinical supervision and four training modules within two years of the start of the training. Once all training and clinical supervision is complete, candidates must submit an Application for Final Certification to IITAP for approval.
CSAT Certification Renewal Process
CSAT's are required to renew their certification every two (2) years from their original certification date. Renewal requires you to earn 15 IITAP Continuing Education (CE) hours over the 2 year period and submit the Renewal Application Form with all required documentation and fee.